Tuesday, March 31, 2015

WIP: Forge World Imperial Knight Lancer

I finally have a new project on my plate.  After moving into a new apartment in Santa Monica, I had some time to get started on a model that has been sitting in my closet for nearly half a year - the Cerastus-Knight Lancer.







I intend on using my Knights in my Horus Heresy gaming.  Since one of my Questoris Knights is painted up in the colors of House Taranis, I figure it's the House that I'll stick with for the rest of my Knights; although I may paint my Cerastus Acheron in the heraldry of a different House.  There are some pretty awesome color schemes in Book 4 - Conquest.

This model was fairly straight forward to assemble. Nothing tricky, and the parts were pretty well cast.  I only had to heat the lance in order to straighten it out.





One thing that's cool about this model is that it comes with a Throne Mechanicum.  I'm trying to see if I can fit an LED kit into the throne, just to give it that extra bit of coolness.



It's a fairly tall model; especially compared to the Questoris Knight models.


Next step is priming the thing.

No comments: