Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Heresy-era Space Wolves Runepriest

I love the Horus Heresy novels, and the archaic style of technology that was present during the Great Crusades.  I wish the HH novels would've spent more time on the Great Crusade instead of launching right into the Heresy.  One thing that's well known about my 40K hobbying is that I hate Space Wolves.  But after reading Prospero Burns, I think I gained a modicum of respect for them.  So I decided I would try and paint a heresy era Runepriest.  I can't say he's pre-heresy since he has the Crux Terminatus on his shoulder, but the color scheme is that of the Crusade era.

This is my attempt at painting one of the Vylka Fenryka after the burning of Prospero, equipped in Terminator Armor.  Still not quite done yet obviously.

No comments: